Words, Wildlife, Rock & Roll
Borneo, Wales, Infinity and Beyond...

Words, Wildlife, Rock & Roll <br> Borneo, Wales, Infinity and Beyond...

Monday 21 December 2009

21 DEC 09

The Lead-Up To Christmas 2009

I've neglected the blog for too long. I blame it on an overload of coursework and the fact that there's snow in the UK; we're not very good at dealing with inclement weather. Fancy the Channel Tunnel coming to a standstill the other day. Anyone would think the freezing temperatures were unexpected, but we live in Europe, not Asia, so there's no excuse! The 'Chunnel' breakdown particularly worries me because I really don't like tunnels, and the thought of being stuck in an especially long one underneath the sea really doesn't appeal very much.

Amongst all of the bad weather reports up and down the country, and the true Brits in us must be overjoyed at some real weather news(!),I have the opposite to grumble about. I've missed all the snow!!! Last year I had an excuse: I was in Malaysia. This year I'm back in the UK and there's snow EVERYWHERE, except for Dorset.

My friend, Hannah, signed off her email with a note saying she was just off out sledging in Durham, Shelley's car was converted into a giant, stationary, snowball in Kent, Lisa had to crawl back through the snow from Exeter and even Cardiff had a centimetre of lying snow this morning. Here in Dorset it's been lurking at two degrees Celcius and raining for several days with not a snowman in sight!

The lack of festive snow, coupled with complicated coursework and the fact that I'm several Christmas presents short of a completed Christmas shopping mission should, by most standards, render one fairly miserable, but I've been enjoying catching up with everyone at home and am looking forward to Christmas more than ever this year.

I'm going skiing in January. If there's no snow then I'll be really peeved...

No comments: