Words, Wildlife, Rock & Roll
Borneo, Wales, Infinity and Beyond...

Words, Wildlife, Rock & Roll <br> Borneo, Wales, Infinity and Beyond...

Sunday 6 December 2009

06 DEC 09

It's been over a month since I last posted, and for that I can only apologise and offer excuses of too much work at the end of term, etc!

I thought this feature written for gair rhydd would be of a little interest - my week of blagging. It's in this week's issue, so if you're around Cardiff University, don't forget to pick up your copy!

Installment 1:
The Art of Blagging

To blag: “A means of obtaining something by trick or deception, to obtain something for free” (Wiktionary.org).

Monday
I have one week to test the blagging limits of this fine city. As I stepped out of the Union into the rain I felt strangely confident in my mission, and quietly smug at the prospect of a week of getting something for nothing. Well, not that quietly, I was whistling. I bumped into a fellow student on Cathays Terrace, explained my objective, and came away with a safety pin. Sometimes you have to start small.

No comments: