Words, Wildlife, Rock & Roll
Borneo, Wales, Infinity and Beyond...

Words, Wildlife, Rock & Roll <br> Borneo, Wales, Infinity and Beyond...

Sunday 11 October 2009

11 OCT 09


Goldcliff Wetlands, South Wales

An American in Cardiff

I've had (nocturnal) Rachel staying with me in Cardiff this week. She's been learning things at the university (which is more than can be said for a lot of the Freshers I've bumped into this week, but that's another story) and I took the opportunity to show her around Cardiff. True to form nothing goes to plan and these, I believe, will be the most memorable moments of her trip:

1. Shortly after arriving we encountered a middle-aged lady wearing a washing basket on her head.

2. Dismembered pigeon wings on the pavement.

3. Hoards of screaming, drunk students littering the streets.

4. Having to call an ambulance to assist a man with a bleeding head after being bottled after a football match on Thursday evening.

5. Witnessing a passer-by ask a homeless man for 'change for a fiver' and proceeding to walk off when the homeless man pointed out that he somewhat lacked spare change.

So I apologise firstly to Rachel for such a strange visit to Cardiff, and also to Wales, for not giving our cross-Atlantic friends a very good impression of what I consider a fine, fine city!

No comments: