Words, Wildlife, Rock & Roll
Borneo, Wales, Infinity and Beyond...

Words, Wildlife, Rock & Roll <br> Borneo, Wales, Infinity and Beyond...

Friday 3 April 2009

02 APR 09

Would you believe it? This morning I went to look up a word in my lovely new Malay-English dictionary: a word that was necessary to translate to do my work and a word which just so happened to begin with the letter T. I turned to the 'T' section in the appropriate half of the book only to discover that not only had they omitted to print the word in question but they'd left out the whole of the letter T! I don't believe it!

We're back at Danau Girang and I've spent the day working on getting the next newsletter finished and cracking on with the data work. It's getting to the point where I could probably do it in my sleep now and the light still isn't particularly bright at the end of the tunnel so it's full steam ahead until I can stop copying and pasting in Excel spreadsheets! It's great to be back in the jungle though. Each time I return I feel even luckier to be here, if that's possible, and can't quite imagine the day when I have to leave it for real.

1 comment:

Haji said...

hi monkey...
i'm glad u feel lucky to be there...
hugs,
haji